Saturday, September 15, 2007

#21 In search of Podcasts

I'm teaching a series of web 2.0 classes for the public this fall so the tools for locating podcasts are very handy. Most of us have seen the Ask a Ninja video from You Tube on podcasts - something about apple pie and whales... Anyhoo, it seems like some podcasts might help describe the components of web 2.0 to my classes. Since I don't subscribe to podcasts at present, the search tools are useful. The ways libraries are using podcasts - new book reviews, etc... is interesting. I don't see any immediate applications that I'd want to use in my library, but it's good to have these things in my head for possible future projects! As I learned from thing 21, what separates podcasts from normal streams of video or audio is that they generally accompany an RSS feed. Too much pressure there for me! I'd like to do some audio - maybe video - tutorials on the site about how to get to e-books for example... but having to come up with a regular _____ seems like more committment that I can handle at present! (wimpy I know!)

A podcast I do enjoy is the Science Friday program from NPR - good stuff that I usually miss during its original airing.

No comments: